As a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist, Jim has sung and played on a variety of instruments on a number of recordings. In addition to 6- and 12-string acoustic and electric guitars, he has recorded tracks with bass, baritone guitar, high-strung guitar, dobro, mandolin, ukelele, banjo, keyboards and various percussion instruments.
Jim has provided vocals and/or various stringed things for:
- Vox Americana! by Vox Americana (2001)
- Pineapple Jam (2005) and The Swinging Sailor of Perryman (2006) by Captain Quint
- Life on the Gulf (2006) by Jake and the Half-Conched Band
- Cabana Breeze (2010) by John Patti (title track)
Jim has contributed engineering and/or production for:
- Vox Americana! (2001), co-production with John Grant at Secret Sound
- The Swinging Sailor of Perryman (2006), co-engineer and co-production with Kevin Johnston at The Dungeon and Orca Sound, and with John Grant at Secret Sound
- Cabana Breeze, title track (2010), engineering and co-production with John Patti at The Dungeon
One of the hallmarks of Jim’s productions is the lush background vocal sound. On Vox Americana, he and partner Tracy Calhoun provided all vocals. On the Captain Quint releases, Jim provided almost every voice, except for those otherwise noted.
Follow these links to learn more about Jim!